Thursday, July 12, 2007

Vacation

Ahh how sweet it is to go on vacation. Today is my first day back to work, but I will not gripe, cause man I had some fun and got some rest.

We left Friday for 4 days in San Antonio. I absolutely LOVE San Antonio! I lived there for a year and would love to go back there to live someday. I dont want to raise the girls there though. Anyways, Tracey, Trista and I loaded up the car Friday after I got off work and headed to Crane. We loaded our stuff in Melody's vehicle, and we all loaded up and headed out. Melody and I were in charge of my girls, Ryan and her nephew Alfred. It was a nice car ride over there, except that we had to make a pit stop at every town (yes I am guilty of causing one of those-I hate my small bladder!). But it was fun none the less.

Saturday we spent the entire day at Fiesta Texas. It was a blast. Trista did wonderfully. I honestly thought we would have to go back to the hotel in the afternoon so she could nap, but she was a trooper. I took her to a carnival a few months ago and she was too afraid to ride anything. So I didnt really expect her to ride, well she sure surprised me. She was mad when she had to get off the ride!! Go figure. It was a great day.

Sunday we all slept late and then got up and went to the Market Square for lunch and some shopping. I absolutely LOVE the Market Square. It reminds me of the good times I used to have in El Paso. The culture is so rich and I want my daughters to know where my father comes from. Another great day. We ended up at the pool. My girls are water dogs! I taught Trista to jump in off the side.....BIG MISTAKE!!! The child has NO FEAR and will just jump in, weather I am there to catch her or not! So I drug the screamin 2 yr old up to the room and put her in the tub. A much safer water experience. I also got a text from my dream guy. We will call him Mr. right. I know he is Mr. Right, but he has not got that figured out yet. It was good to hear from him, made my day.

Monday we took the kids to Dave and Busters to eat and play games. It was fun. I really enjoyed it. Except for when it came time to cash in the tickets for prizes. The guy was a complete jerk! But the kids all had a blast so that is what counts. We got to Crane around 8 pm, the car ride home was short! I just love spending time with Melo, she is my favorite road trip partner of all time! Trace stayed in Crane, so Trista and I headed home. Man I could have spent a few more days in SA. LOve it there and cant wait to go back!

No comments: